Xbox One (Xbox One)

Xbox One controller will only flash while I am holding the middle button down?

1. It used to be connected to the Xbox One, but for some reason now it will only flash while I am holding the middle button down, when it should just flash continuously until it gets connected? How can I fix this? Thanks.
    DM10AS7 - 5 years ago - report

1. I have the exact same issue with a controller i was sold on Facebook, It's not a battery problem, and the controller is even able to sync up with an Xbox if you hold the middle button down. As soon as you let got it stops and you'd need to reconnect. Ive tried updating the controller too.
    alikev - 1 year ago - report
    32   20

Answers

1. You need to resync the controller, there is a small button on the top by the micro USB port, hold it till the light flashes fast, then there is a button on your xbox you need to hold till the light on it flashes, after a few seconds they should both flash in sync then stay lit.
    rogueleader_92 - 1 year ago - report
    11   62

2. Your batteries or battery pack may be dead. Yes even rechargeable batteries can die out. If your batteries are not the issue, re-sync your controller to the Xbox One console.
    Piff_Johnson - 4 years ago - report
    21   108