*NEED HELP FAST* Xbox One S Making Noise while it's Turned Off?

1. So I just bought the Xbox One S 500GB BF1 bundle in Storm Grey at Walmart Monday. Got everything updated and it's running fine. Finished the BF1 campaign tonight and then did a complete shut down. I have Energy Saver selected and auto updates off. In the silence I noticed a noise coming from my system. Its coming from around where the power cable is connected to the console. It's a faint static-type sound. Like a very very small tesla coil or something. I only hear it when it's Off and Only when I unplug the Xbox will the sound go away.

I have about 13 days left on the return policy. Should I take it back and exchange for another one?

If its a defect I'll gladly return it for a new one. If not I'll hang on to this one

Thanks!

User Info: inightreaperi

inightreaperi - 4 years ago

1. That should not be happening. What you are describing sounds like a short and it is good that you unplugged the console. Return it to Walmart for exchange, they are usually very good about those. These things do happen, but it isn't normal. Good luck with the replacement.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 4 years ago 0   0