Why does my Xbox One backwards compatibility work with my digital games but not my disc games?

1. Like my Xbox One doesn't work with my old 360 disc, says unreadable then make sure it's an Xbox one/blue ray disc. If any ideas please help. And yes, the disc are backwards compatible games from the list Microsoft has.

User Info: Achysquirlnutz

Achysquirlnutz - 5 years ago

1. I had to use a compressed air can to blow into the disc tray to resolve this issue. This same thing happened to me with CoD WaW. When this happened, my console would not read X360 or X1 discs at all.

Not sure what goes on but I think the BC X360 discs mess with the disc drive laser when being read by the optical drive.

Hope you can find a resolution soon.

User Info: Piff_Johnson

Piff_Johnson - 3 years ago 1   0

1. I have this exact same issue, have you found any solution?

User Info: astleyt07

astleyt07 - 5 years ago 0   0
  2. I can play Borderlands 2 on 360 disc so long as the disc is inserted after the Xbox One has booted and I've signed in. The old saves do not cross over to the Xbox One, though and neither do the downloads I had on the 360.

User Info: p1edp1per

p1edp1per - 4 years ago 0   0
  3. I have the same problem and hsve not found an answer. Usually my Xbox starts to spin the disc then just stops. Then tells me I donr have the disc in when i click the icon

User Info: BicoastalGecko

BicoastalGecko - 3 years ago 0   0
  4. The Xbox one needs to be connected to the internet to be able to "read" Xbox 360 backwards compatible games. Once it has verified that it is backwards compatible, a message will display on-screen that you need an update to be able to play the game, it will download and install. Thereafter rendering the 360 game playable on that system

User Info: Gndlf_the_grey

Gndlf_the_grey (Expert) - 3 months ago 0   0