Avoiding 'The Worm' on Elaaden?

1. So, I'm getting ready to investigate the water supply on Elaaden. Which is going to take me right past that giant thing jumping around in the desert. Is it just a matter of waiting for it to pass and then punching the gas, or is there anything I need to know about avoiding it? I know you don't fight it, but I read somewhere that it insta-killed somebody by landing on them? (Fun fact: About the only thing that really scared me in ME 1 was the Thresher Maws. Guess who's flashing back?)

User Info: moonwatcher99

moonwatcher99 - 1 year ago

1. Yes, it's confirmed that if it hits you, it's an instant game-over, no matter how high Ryder's level is.

In-game it's THAT powerful.
    Meta-sense, it's explained as an indicator that there is a lot more to the Remnant than you've seen.

As for avoiding it, you're squadmates will react appropriately if it's close.
    But frankly, you have to deliberately try to hit it, since even in a Nomad with no upgrades whatsoever, you're fast enough and have enough reaction time to get out of the way when you see it.

I would hazard a guess and say it's possible for the Remnant Abyssal (Worm) to "erupt" directly beneath you, (resulting in said insta-kill); but the odds are extremely remote.

User Info: CommanderAngel1

CommanderAngel1 - 1 year ago 0 0