Anyone knows if this game will come out for PSN?

1. I want to play this game but for PS3 not for 'XBOX 360'. I just want to know if this game will come out on PS3 some day in the near future.

User Info: ashmostwanted

ashmostwanted - 10 years ago

1. Unknown at this point. Currently it is Xbox exclusive, but a lot of third party Xbox exclusive titles usually end up on PS3 at some point anyways, so you never know.

Just remember what happened with Braid, a very similar kind of game. We were told that was Xbox exclusive, then it hit PC, then PS3... so give it a while and see.

User Info: maximumbarmage

maximumbarmage - 10 years ago 14   2

1. You never know because Braid was Xbox exclusive and then it came out for PSN and PC and now castle crashers is coming out for ps3, so as right now nobody knows.

User Info: FolkIore

FolkIore - 10 years ago 5   1

1. Microsoft requires devs to make their game exclusive for at least a four-week window to be included on the Summer of Arcade promotion they run. Since this is the first week, the earliest PS3 gamers could see it is the tail end of August (though highly unlikely).

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light is a timed exclusive only because of this clause in Microsoft's SoA agreement. After 4 weeks, LC&TGoL is eligible for PS3/PC distribution; that doesn't mean it will come out exactly 4 weeks after it's release on XBLA, but that at the earliest it can be released on PS3 and PC is mid-September.

www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180420

Have hope. If you're a PS3-only gamer, there is a chance - albeit slim - that Limbo will come to the PSN.

User Info: pacokorn77

pacokorn77 - 10 years ago 2   0
  2. PS3 Braid came out a year and half after XBLA's release, PS3 Castle Crashers has been announced for sometime(not released yet), it is already 2 years since XBLA Castle Crashers came out; but something like E4, Rez HD, Ikaruga never came out on PS3, so I would say give it a year and half to 2 years see what happens

User Info: Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao - 10 years ago 2   0
  3. It is an XBLA exclusive, sorry =(

User Info: TypeRGuy

TypeRGuy - 10 years ago 5   4
  4. Hey all I'm saying is it could happen....with all the games that started as exclusives that made thier way to other platforms (Castle Crashers, Plants vs. Zombies, Braid, Final Fantasy titles, RE5, Portal). Why this happens? I dunno....but all I'm saying is it seems to happen to games that are extreamly popular and catch alot of good ratings...So I don't see why not.

b.t.w. I only have a 360, not a PS3...so I'm not trying to bash systems and say one is better than the other...cause they both have awesome exclusive titles that are top notch....

User Info: Trident85

Trident85 - 10 years ago 1   0
  5. @Jonsoncao

The reason E4, Rez HD, and Ikaruga never came out on PSN is because they're not XBLA games. All three are ports of titles released previously on different consoles (E4: PSP, Rez: PS2, Ikaruga: GameCube/Dreamcast) that Microsoft happened to license for distribution from their developers. Games like Castle Crashers, Braid, and LIMBO are games created for XBLA and as such have a more plausible chance of porting to other mediums (PSN, WiiWare, Steam, etc). Albeit under long launch window gaps (alpha build demos of Castle Crashers for PSN were playable at PAX East with a 'Fall 2010' date on the kiosks), but plausible nonetheless.

User Info: AzureLivesOn

AzureLivesOn - 10 years ago 1   0
  6. For those citing Playdead saying it "wasn't coming to PSN". The actual quote from them was that it was "Launching on XBLA" and wouldn't be appearing on PC and PSN "This time around".

That's not exactly a flat out ruling out, is it? Seems they're leaving their options open from the phrasing there to me.

User Info: maximumbarmage

maximumbarmage - 10 years ago 0   0
  7. i would agree with maximumbarmage. Certain games games come out and become so popular that the game producers want to make as many fans & money to help produce more games...but the problem is the release of a title to another platform...much like Trine..a PS3 & PC title set for 360 that got the ax due to business between xbox/ps3 that didnt come to terms. But for most game producers they have to branch out on everything..like resident evils, and many other titles. Braid was a hit and it was sold and relesed on everything...and I believe LIMBO to be an even bigger hit...so I would agree that will hit pc & ps3 within a year.

User Info: Trident85

Trident85 - 10 years ago 4   5
  8. Playdead has stated that it won't be coming out on any other platform.

Source: www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179556

User Info: EmOneGarand

EmOneGarand - 10 years ago 0   1
  9. X box only

User Info: mllnm

mllnm - 10 years ago 1   4
  10. stop getting the sony fanboys hopes up, THIS GAME IS NOT COMING OUT FOR PS3, they have already stated that.

User Info: gandalf_storm

gandalf_storm - 10 years ago 3   13