What is the best strategy for Boomers?

1. How can I get past the Boomers? The man in the road said to go building to building but as soon ass I move up the road aways they bomb me.

User Info: H201

H201 - 8 years ago

1. I followed the train tracks to the right of the road after talking to the guy. stick to the rocks on the left side of the tracks then stick to the fence til you get to the gate i had no problems. got shaken up a little bit but no damage

User Info: shanzi02

shanzi02 - 8 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. If you are fast enough, you can run straight to the gate along the main path without taking damage.

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau - 8 years ago 0   0
  2. You don't really need a roof, you just need a wall between you and the base. The shells travel in a parabolic path so as long as you crouch behind a tall enough wall, the shells won't hit you. Do NOT bring a companion along (especially on Hardcore) because there's no way to instruct them to hug the walls, and they will therefore typically take hits.

From the signs, sprint northwest to the first ruined building you see (careful, there's a small crater beside the road you can get stuck in). Run to the far wall (the one between you and the base) and crouch there. If your agility is low (affects run speed) you may take damage getting there.

Wait about 20-30 seconds for the shells to stop. You will know it since you can hear the shells being fired. Again sprint northwest toward the next building you see and repeat. When the shells stop again, sprint for the fence and proceed east to the gate, where a sentry will initiate dialog. I've done this with two different characters now, 6 and 9 agility respectively, without taking any damage.

User Info: blue_devil_99

blue_devil_99 - 8 years ago 0   0
  3. Dont use any strategy..........al you need is TURBO <3 I LOVE TURBO it slows the game down but you move in normal speed just get some TURBO, like 4, then pop them in and run down the main road to the gate....easy huh ^______^ ( may get scrapped by one of the explosions but nothing that can kill you )

User Info: 9392Joker

9392Joker - 8 years ago 0   0
  4. Don't go building to building....2 strategies work
    1) Go to the first building on the left and wait under the roof for the explosions to stop (may take a little bit) then run to the fence and hug the fence until you reach the gate.
    2) Some people say you can skip the building altogether and hug the rocks on the left and go straight for the fence without getting blown up. That worked for me once, but I got pretty crippled in the process.

I recommend #1, but good luck either way.

User Info: osucarp

osucarp - 8 years ago 0   1