How are Supply Caches unlocked?

1. I would like to know if there is a way to unlock more supply caches. I noticed a lot of doors that look the same but do not open, is there some way they can be opened?

User Info: SaiyanEA82

SaiyanEA82 - 10 years ago

1. I agree. They are tied to the audio logs. I have unlocked 4 supply caches so far, and 2 of them were unlocked when I got a certain number of audio logs. The other 2 were unlocked when I finished certain levels.

User Info: ArMaethor

ArMaethor - 10 years ago 7   3

Answers

1. They seem to open after some missions, or so it seems. I've only ever gotten two of them and they've been in the exact same locations after the same missions.

This is just a wild guess on my part. I haven't played through enough times to really spot patterns.

Another possibility that occurs is that the audio logs are somehow tied into the caches. A friend told me something like that, and I don't know whether or not to believe him.

User Info: ScifiNutter

ScifiNutter - 10 years ago 2   1
  2. If I recall, there are 4 Mongoose Caches (Unlocked by beating campaign missions) 2 Snipers Caches (Audio logs) and 2 rocket caches (Audio logs) I might have the numbers wrong, but the idea stands.

User Info: BlackSwordChris

BlackSwordChris - 10 years ago 2   1
  3. Ahh, I've been beaten to it by ArMaethor. Supply Caches are linked to Audio Logs and a few of the Campaign missions. This is not to say that that is pure guarantee though, just simple observation. If I were you I'd try finding the Audio Logs ((Romp around New Mombasa on Easy or something)) and listen/look for the tell-tale signs of an Audio Log location.
    I have four and have seen a couple doors that look exactly like a supply cache area and have yet to be unlocked. ((I have.. 19 Audio Logs?))

User Info: Iceburg116

Iceburg116 - 10 years ago 1   1
  4. you need to find audio files, when u have found 4 audio files you unlock all sniper rifle caches in the city, when you find 8 of them you unlock the mongoose caches and and when you find 16 you unlock the rocket launcher caches. All caches also contain 4 frag grenades and 2 Automags and 2 Silenced SMGs.

User Info: Swiftelf

Swiftelf - 10 years ago 0   0
  5. I have 26 audio logs, and almost all of the supply caches have unlocked for me. There are Mongoose caches, (with 4 frag grenades, 4 pistols, 4 SSMGs, and 2 mongooses,) Rocket launcher caches, (With 2 Rocket launchers, 2 rocket launcher ammo cases with 2 rockets each, 4 frag grenades, 4 pistols, & 4 SSMGs,) and Sniper rifle caches (2 sniper rifles, 4 frags, 4 pistols, & 4 SSMGs.) There are 30 Audio logs in all.

User Info: TheSc0urge

TheSc0urge - 10 years ago 0   0
  6. Audio logs. Certain ones will unlock more and more caches, and they are collected in a certain order (it doesn't matter where you collect them from). Campaign missions only affect caches in that they unlock new areas to find audio logs in and where caches are.

User Info: Illscrewyoubig

Illscrewyoubig - 10 years ago 0   0
  7. Audio logs and completing missions seems to be the way to unlock the caches. I won't bank my money on that statement since it's still my first play through but I think you unlock them progressively. I've got three open at the moment with about 14 logs and I'm on the final stretch of the game. BTW everyone I don't think that the contents of the caches are relevant to OP's question.

User Info: Ted_Ninja

Ted_Ninja - 10 years ago 0   0
  8. Audio logs. You do get one at least for completion

User Info: lwoody117

lwoody117 - 10 years ago 0   0
  9. The supply caches are unlocked by collecting the audio logs that are every where along the game. Different items appear in them depending on how many you have.

User Info: XCrazykill3rxXx

XCrazykill3rxXx - 10 years ago 0   0
  10. You got to find audio logs. The more u find the more supply caches u will be able to use. The caches appear as that smiley face guy on your map (VISR)

User Info: sw5t

sw5t - 10 years ago 0   1
  11. Where'd the battle rifle go... =[

User Info: bazobot

bazobot - 10 years ago 0   1