Purple Heart achievement????

1. I'm trying to get the purple heart achievement and I read a guide that said says i have to die 10 times then get a new checkpoint. I did this at the very beginning of Semper Fi then got the checkpoint by Private Ryan. Am i doing something wrong. I just want help getting this achievement. Thanks for any help

User Info: hustlin_cheater

hustlin_cheater - 10 years ago

1. To get the purple heart achievement you have to die multiple times at a certain checkpoint and just keep retrying until you get the achievement. I got it without even trying to get it, playing the game on Veteran difficulty. I was at a checkpoint where I had to clear some tunnels of Nips and kept dying b/c I couldn't see where they were shooting from (ended up being they were shooting from an opening in the ceiling of the cave). I was determined that I would get past it, so I just kept retrying/dying/retrying/dying at least 10-15 times and the achievement popped up.

I recommend you do the same, try playing one of the more challenging levels on Veteran difficulty and you will get the achievement whether you are trying to or not lol.

User Info: dyn0spectrum

dyn0spectrum - 10 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. I got it on the Pvt. Miller mission with the flame tank...I was bored so I was running around knifing all the japanese soldiers and I would either...A: Get killed by a BANZAI! attack or B: Get blown up by the massive amount of grenades they were throwing or C: The flame tank would miss about 10 or so soldiers and they would kill me...but you have to die 10 times <b>AT</b> a checkpoint

User Info: Grogg555

Grogg555 - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. On Semper Fi (the first mission), veteran difficulty, just run up to the japanese soliders coming out of the forest after Roebuck and Sullivan save you. About after 10-30 times you die. You SHOULD get the achievement.

User Info: Henrydamoose

Henrydamoose - 10 years ago 1   0
  3. I got that achievement but i did't kill myself i was playing veteran and i died alot of times and just got it

User Info: gamefreak0325

gamefreak0325 - 10 years ago 0   0
  4. I would say just play through a level on veteran... just cuz its so ez to die... i got it wen i was beatin the game on vet

User Info: paintballer839

paintballer839 - 10 years ago 0   1
  5. well, I had a lot of trouble with this achievement. I tried the whole grenade thing, but nothing.

So just do this, Try to beat the game on veteran. Trust me, you'll get the achievement xD

User Info: VicViperMkIII

VicViperMkIII - 10 years ago 0   1
  6. If you need help with achievements try going to xbox360achievements.org They have achievements for pretty much every game whether it be retail or live arcade. Most games have a walkthrough guide for the achievements as well. Pretty good site if you need help getting your gamerscore up.

User Info: nofxauthority

nofxauthority - 10 years ago 0   1
  7. I got the achievement whilst playing Burn 'em Out on Veteran.But I don't know how many times you have to die.As long as it's at the same checkpoint you will get it eventually.

User Info: lonesoldier97

lonesoldier97 - 10 years ago 0   2
  8. You get the achievement for dying EIGHT times just before passing a check point I got it on the sniper mission in russia without trying. But if you want it tat bad put the game on veteran and you will die so many times that you will forget about the achievement and then it will pop up when you are not expecting it to. Hope that helps and good luck.

User Info: t3hSn0wm4n

t3hSn0wm4n - 10 years ago 0   2
  9. Just do the Russian sniper mission on veteran, trust me, you'll get it.

User Info: skrat501

skrat501 - 10 years ago 0   2
  10. I got it on accdident iwas on the mission where you kill Amsel and in the begining sorta u face the sniper he just kept killing me

User Info: startcontest

startcontest - 10 years ago 0   2
  11. Some people have reported problems getting this achievement so you may have to try on different levels or die moar.

User Info: ACWWDUDE101

ACWWDUDE101 - 10 years ago 0   3
  12. Play on veteran and die 30 times at a checkpoint. It has to be the same checkpoint.

User Info: yobo02

yobo02 - 10 years ago 0   3
  13. I believe you have to die 10 times @ a checkpoint, so when you get a checkpoint just cook a grenade in your hand till you blowup.(it took me 22 times of cookin' grenade)

User Info: DubiusNube

DubiusNube - 10 years ago 0   4
  14. Yea you have to die at a checkpoint. Hold a grenade at your hands

User Info: seker456

seker456 - 10 years ago 0   4
  15. I did the whole hold the grenade in your hands but it didn't work for me what did work was throw a grenade then run forward to it

User Info: pilotob2

pilotob2 - 10 years ago 0   4
  16. I got it at the sniper duel in Russia since he kills you so damn easily.

User Info: GreenEarthPFC

GreenEarthPFC - 10 years ago 0   4