What is the max amount of inventory slots you can get?

1. I got to 42 inventory slots thinking that was the max number of slots seeing as the achievement is called "Fully loaded", but the other day i was doing one of the claptrap repair quests during my second playthrough and it gave me one of the items to increase my inventory space. I've done other claptrap quests on this playthrough and they usually just gave me a grenade mod. I doubt this was a glitch or anything like that or i don't think it would let me get up to 45 inventory slots, was just wondering what the max was.

User Info: nyghtGT

nyghtGT - 9 years ago

1. It's not a glitch. The max you can get is 63. On the second playthrough when you help the claptraps there is a chance that they give you a storage upgrade or a grenade or something else as a reward. It's random in the 2nd playthrough. but if you save before you turn in you can exit and turn the quest in again till you get the storage upgrade. Just search the borderlands forums for a more accurate description.

User Info: waffles_yay

waffles_yay - 9 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. I had this happen as well. I got it by having the 42 before the end of the first playthrough. After I completed the claptrap quest in New Haven, he gave me another one making my total slots 45. I noticed that all other claptraps the second time through just gave me grenade mods.

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080 - 9 years ago 2   2
  2. I too have gotten to 45 slots, in the same manner as Sasquatch. I don't know if it's just the claptrap in New Haven that does this, but all the rest on my second playthrough have just given me the grenade mods.

User Info: CleanPlague

CleanPlague - 9 years ago 0   1
  3. Make that 48 now. got another from the claptrap in Tetanus Warrens

User Info: CleanPlague

CleanPlague - 9 years ago 0   1
  4. This is a very tricky glitch, the max inventory space is around 500 something there are chances where if you help someone with their claptrap you will glitch and get the upgrade again yourself, like i said this is very tricky and doesn't happen often so if you want to reach absolute max it will involve helping a lot of people with claptraps and a lot of time and patience

User Info: noobnowmaster

noobnowmaster - 9 years ago 0   1
  5. I think you may have encountered a glitch, unless you found some kind of secret claptrap.... Even the strategy guide only lists 10 claptraps, and I've played through most of my 2nd playthrough and have never gotten credit for an old claptrap. I think 42 is the maximum, and you're just lucky. Be glad the bug wasn't something malicious.

User Info: Archvelius

Archvelius (Expert) - 9 years ago 1   3
  6. ...there's no point in having 500 weapon slots. I mean, come on. 42 is more than enough, let alone the 48 I have.

User Info: ootdega

ootdega - 9 years ago 0   2