Question about Umbra Sword?

1. I located and killed Umbra, took her sword, and left.

Then while I was traveling, I located a nearby shrine where the quest was to retrieve Umbra's sword.

My question... Is it best to keep Umbra's sword, or give it up to the shrine? Obviously, if you keep it, you have an awesome sword, but what happens if you give it to the shrine?

User Info: The_Faf

The_Faf - 10 years ago

1. The sword itself is the clavicus vile quest, right?

Anyway... You can do one of 3 things.

A. Keep the sword and don't finish the quest. That powerful of a weapon, weightless, is helpful.
    B. Finish the quest by giving them the sword. You receive the Masque of Clavicus Vile, a heavy (?) helm with some fortify personality and speechcraft enchantments. It looks amusing, too.
    C. Finish the quest by refusing to give the sword up. This makes him "curse" you (though this does nothing in-game), and you keep the sword. However it's no longer treated as a quest item and will weigh somewhere around 48 pounds. Also, since it's not a deadric artifact, you can't use it in the main story quest "Ritual," though I usually just get rid of the mace.

A few names and numbers may be off, but i believe I got the gist of it...

User Info: Subeta

Subeta - 10 years ago 0   0

1. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Clavicus_Vile

User Info: tuch

tuch (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   0