Where is Best Sword In Game?

1. I already have Umbra, but it has lost its charge and I am looking for a better sword. Where can I findit / them at and how do I get them.

User Info: JEBraq65

JEBraq65 - 10 years ago

1. You can recharge umbra with a filled soul gem or varla stone, but like Tuch said Self Enchanted are probably the best. Although Umbra has the highest base damage of any one handed blade weapon. Leveled Dawnfang/Duskfang can be pretty powerful, but I got it at a low level, so it is weak for me now. Shadowrend is a two handed blade that you also get by doing the main Shivering isles quest, and it is very powerful if you're looking for a two handed sword and don't want to make one yourself. The best self enchanted swords seem to be made from Daedric or Madness Ore, but you have to be over level 20 to start seeing those.

User Info: Mattvento

Mattvento (Expert) - 10 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. What everyone else said about self-enchanting a sword is relatively true. That's what I do. I have a perfect madness longsword that I put 25 points of absorb health on. And I'm an armorer master so that adds to the base damage :]

But if you're actually looking for the game's "best sword", disregarding Umbra, you'll either want Goldbrand or Shadowrend...depending on if you like one handed or two handed.

Shadowrend is obtained in the Shivering Isles main quest.
    Goldbrand is obtained from doing the Boethia's shrine quest. You can find Boethia's shrine far to the east of the Imperial City. It's in the mountains in the middle of nowhere.

User Info: skimo336

skimo336 - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. A Self-enchanted sword is the best.

User Info: tuch

tuch (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   0
  3. I enchanted the Golden Sword (Shivering Isles weapon from Golden Saints) and put 10pts of fire, ice and shock damage for like a few sec. each. that should be a powerful weapon. Its base power is like 20-ish. so if you add the enchantment damage you get an extra 40-60 damage all together for the enchantment alone. so plus 20 on top of that thats like 60-80 pts of damage to an enemy.

User Info: cloud4everalway

cloud4everalway - 10 years ago 1   1
  4. The very best one-handed weapon possible is a self-enchanted Perfect Madness Sword. If you want unenchanted, then either Umbra or Honorblade of Chorrol.
    I prefer the honorblade because if you steal it back from either the countess or Fathis Ules, you get to keep it as a weightless quest item forever. That means when you swing it, you barely lose any fatigue at all. And it is quite powerful, I do around 29 I think with it repaired to 125%.

The best weapon is flat outright the Bound Sword (a two-handed sword). When repaired to 125% and as a master of blade, I do 35 damage with it. Plus enchant it with drain endurance 100 for 1 sec and damage health 100 points, do a power attack and you effectively kill almost everything in the game in one or two strikes.

User Info: skilz2_kill

skilz2_kill (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   1
  5. I found that the Dawn/Duskfangs work really well when you fill their bloodthrist.

User Info: thedarkone999

thedarkone999 - 10 years ago 0   1
  6. I'm a lvl 27 or 28 and I'm a nord under the sign of the Theif. So all around my athletic abilities in all areas is high. Added to the small enchantments I have on. The First omega of swords I had was a enchanted Glass shortsword. It's a one handed blade and its pretty irreplacable in my opinion. It weighs roughly 14-18 lbs I think, and then does a damage of 16 I think at 125 health. The enchantment is a damage health (I cant remember 24?) on strike I got from one of the main quest oblivion gates. It really does do some good damage, heads up its not a killer but certainly great for someone in level 18-25 if your still working up the ranks. Then (this is on the main quest game not Shivering Isles or anything) I got the Umbra Sword from the guy in this place called "Vindaesal" southwest of The Imperial City coast. IDK if you can/can't ge tthis sword the way I did but the guy packed a punch. I mean the Umbra weighs 0 and does like 30 some damage. That sword is great believe me.

User Info: zim85

zim85 - 10 years ago 0   2
  7. The strongest, and highly voted as the 'best' sword is the Bound Sword, when used with the permanent glitch you can keep it endlessly, it weighs nothing and has the highest damage value of 'all' weapons. It is also unenchanted meaning you can enchant it with whatever magics you like.

As for Umbra, it is not a great sword at all. The sword will always drain on your soul gems and time of using it, the only 'real' advantage to this sword is that even when unenchanted, it affects ghosts/wraiths

User Info: Dragour

Dragour - 10 years ago 0   2