Why does the game not allow me to open Ventilation Shafts?

1. I have been playing the game for a while and i need to reach a ventilation shaft. The light is green above it and it seems i cannot open it. Another critical shaft, is also unavailable to open. The game says to press y but it will not work.

User Info: crazywutanger

crazywutanger - 11 years ago
  2. I am playing butcher bay and i am in the mine entrance where you need to climb the crates to get up to the shaft down the vents. Their is also another shaft where it is directly across from the crates on the ground. in other words i am in the area right before you get to talk to jupiter.

User Info: crazywutanger

crazywutanger - 11 years ago

1. You need a vent tool to open them. They're available in different places, so if you specify where you are some one may be able to tell you where the closest one is.

User Info: Azanode

Azanode - 11 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. Yeah like Azanode said, you need a vent tool.

Although, you should have picked one up by now. Either from monster at the feed ward or from a mechanic, or somewhere. Whenever you need one they're ususally in plain sight.

I'd suggest going back to tower 17, grabbing a vent tool from monster, and seeing if you can open it then.

As you have oubviously been able to crawl through other vents in the game, you just probably missed a tool.

User Info: MyFavoriteGun

MyFavoriteGun - 11 years ago 1   0
  2. One of the two drillers in the big room with the crane and the riot guard can sell you one. That's the same room that has a big grinder on the far end~

Or you can kill him and take it >_>

User Info: FadedEchos

FadedEchos - 11 years ago 1   0