Review by wolverinefan

Reviewed: 11/14/07

Instant fun

Mrs. Pac-man is a classic game. I have fond memories of working at the movie theater and we have the arcade machine and the employees all had tournaments during the week as it was usually dead. Just a fun game so imagine my joy when I heard it was coming to the Live Arcade. Is it worth the 400 MS Points thought?

Mrs. Pac-man tells the tale of the love of Mr. and Mrs. Pac-man. How they meet and all of that. While it doesn't get deep or anything it's kind of cut to see the scenes after the stages.

Graphically this game doesn't seem to have been updated. The dots are still little yellow dots and the ghosts even look the same. Either way it looks very clean and not dated at all. Sure it won't impress your friends but will any game about a female yellow pacman clone really score you cool points?

I just love the sound in this game. The theme sits well with me and doesn't sound or feel dated in the least. The blips and sound of Mrs. Pacman dying sound good as well.

Control works fine with the 360's controller which really surprised me but I had no problems and while a joystick might be more idealistic, the analog stick works fine.

The goal is Mrs. pac-man is to eat all of the yellow dots. They fill the entire maze. Along the way you may run into some yummy fruit for some bonus points or some scary ghosts that will swallow your soul.

To stop the evil ghosts you'll need to eat a super pellet which are located at the four corners of the maze. But be careful, as you eat them they get faster and deadlier and as you travel the different mazes you'll need to find quick routes out of bad situations.

The game play remains intact from the classic arcade game. New to this are the leader boards which are a great addition to the game and nothing is more fun that playing Mrs. Pac-Man to show one of your friends on Live that you're better than him with the ladies. It's also one of the better classics that have shown their face on the Live Arcade and judging by what's coming out soon I can tell it will remain there for a while.

Story - 7/10
Graphics - 9/10
Sound - 9/10
Control - 9/10
Game Play - 10/10
Replay Value - 8/10

Final Score - 9/10

Product Release: Ms. Pac-Man (US, 01/10/07)