Should I get this game?

1. I'v recently started watching strar trek, and i was wondering, should i get this game?

User Info: gray_fox_11

gray_fox_11 - 10 years ago

Answers

1. I just bought it a few weeks ago and I enjoy it, though it will be a personal opinion kinda buy honestly.

I can see where people have issues with it, so it really depends on what you think the game is all about.

There was, at one time, a demo you could check out, not sure if its still available though.

User Info: Hrolf_Forkbeard

Hrolf_Forkbeard - 10 years ago 0   0
  2. Most places have the game for $19 now, its a steal at that price. I personally love the game and have been playing it since launch. It's the only next gen Trek game that gives you direct access control of all the popular ships from most of the Trek races.

Yes, the game has its share of problems, but they aren't that major...

User Info: surlawthemai

surlawthemai - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. This game has a good bit of flaws, however, it's still one of the best Star Trek games out there. On the other hand if you are looking for a Trek simulator Star Strek Online might be your better bet. Legacy is strictly for people who want the Faction vs Faction or Ship vs Ship type battles, as it has no ground combat or scenes that take place inside ship. The entire story is told basically from the outside perspective of various ships near various planets. The controls make the ships feel weighted in a good way, though at times too sluggish due to it using a basic Stop to Turn mechanic, that thwarts your attempts to follow an enemy ship very well. You will spend a lot of time on this game standing still in one place firing off your phasers while being pelted, due to the fact that if you do indeed switch to 1/4 or 1/2 impulse, you will barely be able to turn, at all. I suggest rarely investing in Scouts or Destroyers, as Destroyers have far too little health, as do Scouts. I have found in my hours of playing this that Battleships and Cruisers are the only worthwhile ships to use really, hope this advice helps.

User Info: Sephiroth-AC

Sephiroth-AC - 8 years ago 0   0