Why can't my xbox 360 stream music anymore?

1. My xbox 360 connects to my network via cat5e cable to router, my computer is on this same home network connected by wireless card. Other computers are connected to the network the same way as well.

This setup was adequate in allowing me to stream music from my computer to xbox 360 before, now however there is a problem. The xbox 360 sees my computer, but when I got to albums or songs it says "No albums found/No songs found".

However, I can still stream music from my brother's computer, so I am quite confused.

I'm not sure why this would happen or how to rectify it. Admittedly I have added an album and added and edited song tags with a program called Mp3tag since then. I'm not sure if that is the source of the problem, but I have undefined and redefined my library multiple times to no avail, and tried toggling the share option as well.

Unsure of how to proceed, any suggestions?

User Info: kevins_kevins

kevins_kevins - 11 years ago
  2. Are you still having this problem? If so, what were the last few programs that you installed on you computer and are you using Windows 7? Sometimes Windows (XP, Vista & 7) stop the 'sharing' service on the computer, for what appears to be no reason at all and it can be difficult to find it and get it restarted. However, there are some media programs(e.g. Winamp) that have their own sharing service and are recognized by the XBOX 360.

User Info: Fationable_Late

Fationable_Late - 11 years ago

1. Installing ZUNE solved the streaming issues i was having due to the wireless network. I had a setup similar to the one you stated and using Zune took care of my problems.

Download here: www.zune.net/en-us/products/software/download/

Let me know if this helps.

User Info: gypsoo

gypsoo - 11 years ago 1   0