Review by Blue_Jae

Reviewed: 01/23/06

Truly next gen? Read on to find out.....

Like many other gamers around the country, I've first played this game in Wal-Mart. Although it was a short demo, it showed a lot of potential. Now, one of my friends bought a game and I played it until the end.

These graphics are truly next-gen. People have realistic facial expressions, the smoke from smoke grenades is simply fantastic The frame rate stays high mostly throughout the game, which is a definite plus. Also, when you get hit, the screen will blur in a slow-mo fashion. All the campaigns in this game makes you feel like you're in the real war, which is one of the most important things for a WWII game.

What can I say? Everything sounds realistic in this game. From gunshots to battle orders. I especially liked the fact that every sound around you distorts and slows down whenever you're hit by enemy artillery or tanks.

Game-play: 9/10
Unlike previous Call of Duty games, this game has a different health system. It's similar to Halo's system in a way. Whenever you get hit, your "health" will decrease. When it's decreased enough, your screen will turn red. If you get hit even more during this state, you'll bite the dust. Your "health" will recharge when you're not being hit. Many people thought that this will make the game too easy, but in fact, it doesn't. In some harder modes, your health will drop into red state rather fast, forcing you to take cover, which makes you feel like you're in a real war.

The game is also divided into three campaigns: Russian, British, and American. Although I wished that each campaign lasted longer, but it was still entertaining.
The only downside was that main campaign was somewhat short. And there was still no ability to play as French or the Germans.

Controls: 10/10
Much better than Call of Duty for Xbox controls. You'll get used to it in about ten minutes.

Pros:
+Next-gen graphics
+Intense campaigns
+Addictive Xbox Live matches
+Realistic

Cons:
-No Germans/French?
-How many more WWII games will there be?

Final Verdict: 9.2/10

If you are willing to get Xbox 360 and don't know what to get, this is your best bet.