Review by Nox Pupilla

Reviewed: 12/16/05

A sight for sore eyes..

If you are getting an Xbox 360, or already own one, this game should be in your library, or making it's way there soon. World War II is a favorite amongst both history buffs, and those who like to relive the war through FPS games. While the other ones have started to feel stale and repetitive, this one is a nice breath of fresh air, and honestly, a sight for sore eyes.

Sound 10/10
The sound is one of the best things in this game. From the wide array of sound effects you'll hear, to the great voice acting work, and down to your fellow soldiers telling you enemy positions, what's going on, what to do, where to go, and most importantly.. "MOVE MOVE MOVE", yet again the xbox 360 delivers a game with beautiful sounds.

Graphics 9/10
I gave the graphics a 9 instead of a 6 like I had originally planned to because of a few things. Honestly, they're fine. But, they are just that. Fine. The game looks like a next gen console game, but however, the graphics feel a bit sub par when compared to something like Condemned, another Xbox 360 title. The frame rate stays at a pretty solid pace for most of the game, it looks very real and very nice, but still.. it doesn't have anything solidly eye-catching.

Gameplay 8/10
Single-player mode is split into three different factions, which is a good touch, in my eyes. The more fun I can have in single player, the better. However, the 8 came around because of the AI's sheer blindless and disregard. It is easy to tell that these are not real people, but computer controlled instead, as they will not cover properly, they will jump out blindly at the most inappropriate moments, and things of that nature. Other than that, the gameplay is fine and dandy.

Controls 10/10
For a console FPS, I was a little wary about it, being used to the good ol' mouse and keyboard. However, using the Left Trigger for things instead of a thumbstick made it easy, and definitely a bit more comfortable. It will be something that the PC FPS players will probably be happy about too, if they also delve into the Console market.

Scoring
Sound 10/10 - Great acting, musical accompaniment and sound effects.
Graphics 9/10 - Nothing spectacular in my opinion.
Gameplay 8/10 - The AI could stand to be more intelligent.
Controls 10/10 - The controller felt perfect in my hands, and the button setup seemed flowing, and smart.

All in all, I give this game a 9. I imagine if I had time to play online, i'd sing a totally different tune. It was good, and one of the best (if not THE best) WW II FPS games I have played, but a few little tweaks would have made it worth a perfect score.