Review by Def Freak7

Reviewed: 11/28/05

My first Xbox 360 review. And this is THE FIRST GAME YOU SHOULD GET!!!

Call of Duty on the PC was an incredible achievement, especially for a WWII shooter. When the second one came out on PC, it was just as good, if not better. When they moved it to the consoles (PS2, Xbox 1), I was a little disappointed. I was skeptical when it moved to the 360. I thought the only thing that would be improved from the PC would be the graphics. MAN WAS I WRONG!

GRAPHICS: 10/10
What do you expect? It's a FREAKING XBOX 360! Everything in this game looks incredibly realistic. Every cobblestone, every whisp of cloud (sound familiar?), everything looks just like real life. This shows how powerful the Xbox 360 really is. Now, many systems can produce great graphics, but it brings about lag (ahem...King Kong). This shows no signs of lag, even during online play. This game shows some of the best stuff to come out on the 360.

SOUND: 9/10
The music in this game is pretty dynamic, and for this theme, it works. It's orchestra pieces feel just like the scores you should hear during war-time, and yet it also features some music from the time era. The sound effects are also well done in this game, although there wasn't as much depth or variety like the first one. The voice-overs are also well done, and I did kind of hear some carry-over from the first one. That's not necessarily a bad thing, although some can argue that it is. They really did use their best stuff in this area, although there are still some things that could be nitpicked about.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
Wow. Just wow. This game is probably the most realistic and most FUN I've had with a WWII shooter ever. Even beating the first Call of Duty and Brothers in Arms (sorry guys). It actually makes you feel like you need some shooting skill instead of luck or auto-aim (cough cough Halo). Also, there challenge level naturally in the game makes you feel like you're in WWII. I'm sure the vets wouldn't be easily mowing down rows of enemies like they were aliens on the easiest level of Halo (sorry again). The fact that everything this game does with it's mechanics makes you feel like you were in the actual war. That's a real sign of a great game there. Plus, like I said before, it's FUN. The best thing to top this off is the multiplayer. Especially online. The 360's new online system works really well for online play, especially this game. All in all, this is probably the best WWII shooter yet.

OVERALL:
If you've gotten or are going to get an Xbox 360, this is one of the first games you should pick up. Even if you have the other versions already, there's some great stuff to make this one of your first purchases for the Xbox 360, you rich son of a...
FINAL SCORE: 10/10