Review by vsc1988

Reviewed: 05/17/10

Let's Kill Some Nazis!!!

Call of duty 2 was a first generation game for the XBOX 360 that was released on November 17, 2005 and it sold and did so well a game of the year Edition was released on may 25, 2006. This was the first COD game for any console beside PC.

Story- It is about WWII if you haven't heard of that or know what I am talking about look it up idiot! In the story you fight as the British, Americans, and Russians fighting against the German army in WWII. The story is a bit short but I guess it is just a case of time flies when you are having fun.

Game play- One of the best first person shooters ever made. Everything is just smooth there is no flaws it seems slower now in comparison to the newer first person shooters, but for the time and now there is no flaws in the controls. The only problem I ever had in this game was glitches online it would move extremely fast or slow but 95% of the time online it is smooth. Another good note is this is very smart A.I. I play one level three times and it was played three different ways. One was we flanked left another right and lastly right up the middle with smoke coverage and guns blasting.

Graphics- For a first generation it is really nice looking. You see smoke, fog, gun fire, and explosions this game has a lot of smoke. After seeing the DVD on game of the year edition I understand way that was war. They studied and how guns fire, how the battlefield looks, and talked to veterans of the the war. This game is gritty and I love it when you are using the sniper and look through the scope you see dirt on the glass and little details throughout the game like that give it a sort of charm.

Enjoyment- I loved this game I beat many times; I just love popping it in and playing it just to play it.

Sounds- The have a orchestra that plays during epic moment during the story and the guns all sound different. You often hear battle cries and people in your unit telling you were to go in the game and talking smack to the enemy.

Replay Value- Extremely High I went online the other day this game is still active. People playing this because it was nearly perfect.

Buy or Rent?- Buy nothing else to say.

Verdict- 9.5 out of 10. Nearly perfect.

Product Release: Call of Duty 2 (Game of the Year Edition) (US, 05/25/06)