Review by Alex91

Reviewed: 02/21/06

The perfect Street Racing game now with police chases!

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is the latest addition to the long running Need for Speed series, the biggest new feature are the Police Chases and they do not disappoint

Graphics
The graphics for Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 can only be described with one word, wow. Everything in this game is crisp, clean and beautifully rendered. When you play this game it makes you feel like you are actually there. The environments are completely destructible and add a lot to the atmosphere of this game.

Sound
The engine sounds are realistic as it can get, the voice acting is bad but in a good way. The soundtrack however is a down point in this title. I have been playing this for around 10 days now and maybe its just me but I think their should be more then 10 songs. Luckily however the Xbox 360 can stream music from my computer instead of listening to the garbage in this game so I can not really complain. Even with a bad soundtrack everything seems to be intact

Controls
The controls are perfect for this game. I don't think I have had better controls for a pretty complex racing game like this. This game is all pick up and play in my opinion. If only other games used the same controls.
Final Verdict: 10/10

The gameplay is also great. I don't think I have dealt with such great AI before. The cops in this game are actually smart and use tactics that can trick even the most experienced of players. The people you race are very smart also. The AI is not to hard yet not to easy.

Story
A racing game with a story? You bet! the story starts out with you new to the street racing scene and you are trying to build your rep with probably one of the best cars on the streets. You go up against "Razor" number 7 on the blacklist and half way into the race your car breaks down. It seems that Razor has sabotaged your car and won its Pink Slip. Now out of a car you must buy a new car and go up against everyone on the Blacklist to rebuild your rep and go up against Razor and get your revenge.

Customization
As we all know Customization has been the big feature in the Need For Speed series since the first underground. This installment improves upon the formula. You can customize just about everything you want from Rim Paint all the way the the colors of your speed gauge it is all here.

To rent or to buy?
If you enjoy Unrealistic racers with a good story and great controls this game is for you, if you don't you should still give it a rent, or download the demo off the Xbox live marketplace for free. Who knows you may like it also