Stealing From your own house?

1. So I looted a steal shield off a corpse in a cave, I took that shield and hung it over the bed in the breeze home in Whiterun which I have owned since it was avaible to buy, went to take the shield down it said steal next to the item, just wondering how you can steal your own stuff

User Info: Skyrim2020

Skyrim2020 - 1 month ago

1. It was probably considered stolen when you took it. The tag tends to stick no matter what you do although you should not get any bounty for it anyway.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 1 month ago 10   1

Answers

1. Yea the stolen tag stays with it, you can wash it though by selling then buying it back from a fence if you joined the thieves guild

User Info: Artef

Artef - 4 weeks ago 4   0
  2. I've gotten bounty when I picked up a stolen item in my house when witnessed by my housecarl, so you do have to take a bit of precaution picking it up again.

User Info: TraineeShanna

TraineeShanna - 4 weeks ago 2   1