Why do my children in Skyrim Hearthfire keep disappearing?

1. When playing Skyrim Hearthfire add on, the children my character adopts frequently disappear. Why is this?

User Info: kctx62

kctx62 - 3 weeks ago
  2. because its Skyrim, a buggy game.

User Info: Nolax

Nolax - 1 day ago

1. If 360 version those ID commands are pointless to show frankly as you cannot access the console commands on this version.

It could be a number of things. There is one glitch that may occur if you build the bedroom wing for Heljarchen Hall. If you make the double bed in that wing it will make all residents in ALL hearthfire houses go nuts and start moving to the wrong house. It only happens in the Heljarchen one.

Also if you have no child beds for them where you try to send them they may go some where else that does have them. You need child beds for them to live there.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 7   1

1. Maybe it is child abuse. Have they ran away because you didnt provide them with warmth and food?

User Info: icefaii

icefaii - 1 week ago 9   4

1. Do you own more than one house? If so, try moving to the other house and then back to the desired one.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 3   1
  2. Wolves, it's always wolves.

User Info: Welverin

Welverin - 1 week ago 3   1
  3. I'd like for my adopted to get lost forever. You got lucky there bud...

User Info: gba1989

gba1989 - 1 day ago 0   0
  4. Ummmm....I havent played Skyrim in ages, but I think they get kidnapped and u have to find them or sumtun!

User Info: Suraiyu

Suraiyu - 1 week ago 0   5
  5. Because the Game is broken. Get oblivion

User Info: aggron306

aggron306 - 4 days ago 0   6
  6. You can try using the console commands to teleport them to you.

1) Find the refID of the corresponding kid - I think there is a table on the Skyrim wiki Console Commands/Character page.

2) Open the console, type prid XXXXX (XXXXX is the refID)

3) Type moveto player

Or use player.moveto<refID> to teleport yourself to them.

User Info: dekal0g

dekal0g - 3 weeks ago 0   9