Can I pickpocket keys from stewards with no problem?

1. Does pickpocketing a key for a house, such as Breezehome from the steward associated with it prevent you from having to buy the house? Will you just be able to go straight to getting the upgrades? Or will you be screwed out of ever being able to upgrade that house? I'm wondering because I really want the house in Solitude, and have no problem saving the gold for it, but I also really want the Stone of Barenziah that's inside, and I don't want to wait for that. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

User Info: Rai_the_Eevee

Rai_the_Eevee - 1 year ago

1. I saw on this forum that even if you pickpocket the key, you still won't be able to enter. There is a glitch that as being patched that can give you access if you don't have any installed (just the vanilla game). You can pickpocket the key from the Fletcher store and it will work on Proudspire Manor. Personnally, i suggest getting the money because it seems to be far more easier.

Forum Thread: elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:832826

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0