Main quest speech line won't appear. What's happening?

1. Okay so I'm on the PS3 version of this and haven't used any mods or downloaded the DLC pack.
    I'm in a bit of a pinch where I need to persuade General Tullius and Ulfric to come to the Greybeard meeting but neither of them have the speech line for me to continue. Before I started the quest, I joined the Imperial Legion and have accepted the quest which comes after obtaining the Jagged Crown.

If this helps as well, I'm level 28 Dark Elf, accepted the quest where Jarl Balgruuf the Greater and Ulfric are going into war, joined the Thieves Guild and joined the Companions. Has anyone else encountered this? Please help!

User Info: SkyeTheHedgehog

SkyeTheHedgehog - 3 years ago

Answers

1. If you've accepted that quest then you must complete it, then the main quest skips past the peace meeting, you can only get that quest up to point of either attacking or defending Whiterun

User Info: bluedragon619

bluedragon619 (Expert) - 3 years ago 1   0
  2. You need to finish the attack/defend whiterun quest. Heck I would just finish the Imperial quest line then you should just be fine, it might tell you that you failed that quest, when this happens you can just do the next mission in the story line

User Info: FlashyDiagram84

FlashyDiagram84 - 3 years ago 1   0
  3. Thank you so much! I'm really glad I don't have to start over. I really appreciate it!

User Info: SkyeTheHedgehog

SkyeTheHedgehog - 3 years ago 0   0