Why can't I enter Castle Volkihar?

1. During the Bloodline quest when I arrive at Castle Volkihar for the first time to take Serana home she stops me on the bridge and says her little thing like normal(I watched some videos) and I get closer to the watchman and he says "lady serana has returned" and opens the gate. But Sera a never speaks to him and the door to castle Volkihar will not open. I have no clue what to do about this. Please help!

User Info: ulquoirrac

ulquoirrac - 5 years ago
  2. Ive never discovered until now. And the watchman opens the gate. Its the wooden door that won't open.

User Info: ulquoirrac

ulquoirrac - 5 years ago

1. If you have already discovered Castle Volkihar, then after speaking to Serana for the first time when she is released from the sarcophagus she will automatically initiate dialogue with you that normally occurs shortly after arriving at Castle Volkihar. This may prevent you from entering the castle and continuing the quest.
    You can circumvent this issue by clipping through the wall on the right while standing on the railing. This gets you past the gate and able to access the door.
    To clip through a wall, grab an object by holding down the "Take" button, press it flat against a wall, and walk continuously into the wall. This works well with bowls or platters.

User Info: SirQuackberry

SirQuackberry (Expert) - 5 years ago 2   0