Which is better Azura's star or the black star?

1. I already know how to obtain one or the other but which is better what are the differences exactly?

User Info: asaab210

asaab210 - 7 years ago

1. The Black Star actually holds both types of souls. It can hold those of NPCs and animals. This is likely a glitch however as the Black Star is described in-game as only being able to hold black souls.

The Black Star is better than Azura's Star however, already filled Grand Soul gems can be found very often in mage shops so, as long as you have the gold, you can have a large supple of grand souls if you choose to.

Choosing the Azura's Star allows you to have Aranea Ienith as a follower who is a pretty good mage type follower.

Personally I typically just decide which one to get based on the type of character I play.

User Info: SirQuackberry

SirQuackberry (Expert) - 7 years ago 5   0

Answers

1. The differences are that the regular star can hold any soul level except black ones and when used doesn;t get destroyed, whereas the black star only holds black souls and again isn't destroyed when used to enchant. Btw if you don't know, Black souls are human, argonian, elf and khajit, whereas white are everything else, except dragons, not certain on vampires btw, have a look, think they are black

User Info: bluedragon619

bluedragon619 (Expert) - 7 years ago 1   0
  2. Also I think the black star is a lot more handy, black souls are grand level so more powerful, and black soul gems are rare to find and expensive to buy so i'd say its a lot better to get

User Info: bluedragon619

bluedragon619 (Expert) - 7 years ago 1   1