How do I solve (the break of dawn)?

1. I have killed malkoran and all of the shades but the quest maker says I need to "destroy" him. I am unable to activate the alter thing that the light is touching and the door behind my char is locked and needs a key. So any suggestions as to what is wrong?

User Info: sabba5600

sabba5600 - 7 years ago
  2. Oh sorry I didn't include this,

The shade appears, it's name is "Malkorans shade" when I kill it I can loot it and it has like 250 gold on it
    after that the exit is locked and there is nothing I am able to do.... I have even tried killing him and the shade that appears with weapons (enchanted elven sword), Fire spells, Conjured Dremora Lord, and conjured sword......

So far all I can think is the game has glitched and im really dissapointed. It's my second best character =(

User Info: sabba5600

sabba5600 - 7 years ago
  3. Well this is weird, I just tried a few more times even let myself die a few times and suddenly it works fine.

User Info: sabba5600

sabba5600 - 7 years ago

1. When you kill Malkoran, you then have to fight his shade (one of those black-looking ghost things). It's only after it's defeat can you take Dawnbreaker from its pedestal. To hazard a guess, I'd say there's some glitch where that shade isn't appearing.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova - 7 years ago 0   0