Levels Weapons Achievements & Loot Transfer?

1. If you purchase the GOTY Edition does your Levels Weapons Achievements & Loot Transfer over from the original game or will you have to start the game all over again?

User Info: ServMatiC

ServMatiC - 10 years ago
  2. wait, InstantKlassick, are they vouchers or a disk of the four DLC's because most GOTY editions on 360 games i have played come in disks

User Info: whodouthink

whodouthink - 10 years ago

Answers

1. It is the same game it just comes with a voucher for the four DLCs to download. The DLC doesn't come on a disc because the game developers only want u to be able to download each one once. They dont want u to pass it around to your friends and a lot of people to get the DLC for free. Thats how they make their money.

User Info: Th3Freak55

Th3Freak55 - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. Spacepanda is correct. I believe there are 2 different versions of the GOTY edition available. The first one that was released contained codes for download of the DLC while the second version, which is more commonly available now, contains the DLC on a second disc.

User Info: Wongatello

Wongatello - 9 years ago 1   0
  3. It is the same game, they changed the box art and added 4 vouchers for DLC. If you have a save then it will be recognized as "Borderlands" not "Borderlands GOTY"

User Info: InstantKlassick

InstantKlassick - 10 years ago 1   1
  4. The only way you would be able to maintain your save is through playing the original but type in the codes inside the goty case to get the dlc on the original but you might wanna consider just starting over on the goty copy because it patches some of the crappy loot glitches that the original has

User Info: runyonboy344

runyonboy344 - 9 years ago 0   0
  5. All I know is this:

I bought Borderlands GOTY, it came with 2 disks, 1 is game disk, the 2nd is addons.

I put in disk 2 and install all addons.

I give disk 2 to my brother, he installs as well.

I give to 2 more friends, they all install addons.

they own cheap copies of the origional Borderlands non- GOTY, pre-addon disk.

All 4 of us play the addons online.

Ive never seen 4 code vouchers for them, ive never been asked for them, nor has anyone else ive given my 2nd disk to.

This works the same for Fallot 3 GOTY!!!

While Th3Freak55's theory and logic are correct, Valve's implementation did not follow that way.

MAYBE there is a copy of GOTY that comes with vouchers instead, I do not know. In the end, all I know is I paid $22 for Borderlands GOTY, and so far 5 people have installed and played the addons from my disk, with ZERO PROBLEMS.

Maybe I should be saying this online, but with the fake info I gave this website as my name, plus Im not selling the disk, just letting others abuse Valve's oversight. Some say it cost Valve money, but I say 3 friends would have never played it without getting the addons for free, because they didnt want to pay that much for a game and addons, so whatever. Corporate greed creates Corporate corruption. I could have bought the GOTY copy, installed addons, returned it, and bought an old origional copy, swindeling them further, but i didnt.

User Info: spacepanda229

spacepanda229 - 9 years ago 1   2