How do I open the safe?

1. I have been stuck on this for over 2 weeks now. I know you have to decipher the symbol clues throughout the game, but I haven't been able to accomplish this yet. It seems like it just gives you a range of possible numbers for most of them with the greater than/less than symbols and I can't seem to narrow it down. I also have no idea with the cross and heart symbols. And is the combo really as many digits as the picture on the wall by it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: footballchief69

footballchief69 - 10 years ago

Answers

1. The "<" signs don't matter
    It's just the shape to the number
    The code is the numbers the 6 shapes refer to

The final code is: 745631
    It goes in the usual counterclockwise-clockwise-etc as with all safes of that sort

User Info: Hawkins1313666

Hawkins1313666 - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. The > and < symbols *do* mean something. It tells you which direction to turn the dial. For instance, [ ] > 6 means to turn right to 6. The square is the fourth symbol in the list, so basically it means the fourth turn is to the right, to number 6.

The + (plus) is on the painting that has "come closer" to the sides. Use the magnifying glass and you'll see a "+" on the forehead of the reaper (or whatever it is - I forget). He's standing on the "1" and pointing right. So you get + > 1 from that.

The heart is on the card that you can open up. The heart is on the cover. Inside it says < 5.

So basically, in the order on the wall:

Triangle = Left to 7
    Crazy line = Right to 4
    Heart = Left to 5
    Square = Right to 6
    Hourglass = Left to 3
    Plus = Right to 1

Open the safe, and voila. You're nearly done with the game.

User Info: Wyndo2

Wyndo2 - 10 years ago 1   0

Question Status
Part two of decay. Help please? Answered
Piano puzzle? Answered