Review by MTAsaiddhey

Reviewed: 09/19/05

The best football game yet!

Are you a football fan? Are you wondering if this game will fit you? I can safely say it will. There was a lot of hype around this game, mostly because EA games always attract a certain amount of attention, and it delivered. Big time.

EA has finally realized that you can't have all of one type of music in the game. All rap is to annoying, and all rock gives you a headache. But not anymore. There is a mix of both, and good songs for each. My favorite would have to be Avenged Sevenfold-Bat Country, because it pumps me up and gets me in the mood to play some smash-mouth football! There is also some very good rap tracks that fit the mood of the game perfectly. Although the music is phenomenal, its nothing compared to the sounds of the game. Wow. You hear the crunching of the pads, the grunts of the players, the screaming of the crowd. EA did awesome, and with surround sound on, you ARE in the game.

Madden '06 is a good looking game, but nothing else. The animations are decent, but many glitches hurt it. For example, you can score a touchdown and get tackled, and when you get up you walk through a player. Other than that i have no gripes. The uniforms look solid, and the player models are nicely done. Also, the stadiums match perfectly. All in all the graphics are good but nothing noteworthy, but the gameplay makes up for this in every aspect.

Simply 'mazing. I don't understand all these gripes about the passing cone sucking, and it being a crappy feature. It is awesome! From what was a football game, turned into almost a football simulator. Madden '06 is so realistic, it will feel like your watching/playing a real NFL game. The hit stick and truck stick are also in the game, which add to the pressure while playing. The game isn't too fast, and isn't to slow. Defense is actually fun this go around! Bring the blitz and rush the QB, or stay back and pick him off. There are so many choices, its unbelievable. The running game has also been vastly improved. Theres no more 20 yard runs every play. In '06, running is more tough than ever, and you find yourself relying on your offensive line almost every play. The bottom line is the gameplay is great, and is what makes the game so good.

Game modes: 10/10

The game modes in Madden '06 are so good, you will NEVER get bored of the game. Franchise is back, and its been polished and added to, which makes it even more better. The mini games are a blast, and you will find yourself playing Rushing Attack online or with a friend for hours! Superstar mode is a brand new addition to the game. When I first heard about it, I was skeptical. But once i started playing it I immediately fell in love with it. You basically just live the life of a rookie, and continue your journey through the pro's. Do be warned, its not for everyone. If you are looking for some deep, thought-provoking system you will be dissapointed. It is just a fun little mode to waste time. I personally love it though. Online is also good. It's basically just the same of playing against a friend, except the person you're playing is somewhere far away...

The bottom line: 9/10

Get this game. Get it now. Football fan or not, its a great game that will give you a break from whatever your playing at the moment. I reccomend it to everyone, because not only is it a good experience, its a game you will look back and remember the days you stayed up all night just to beat those Patriots! :)