Review by FlawlessR3dn3k

Reviewed: 09/09/05

Metal Slug4&5 = awesome

I've been a fan of the series ever since I bought Metal Slug 3 for the Xbox. I love the fast paced action of the games, and also the difficulty kept you playing the game for months(It took me 5 weeks to beat the last mission) plus you really never get extremely frustrated at it. So here is my review.

Story: 7/10- There really isn't much of a story. You can read the story in the instruction booklet, and you can watch the small cuts-scene at the end of each of the 2 games.

Game play: 10/10- This is what makes the series so good. These games are just so fantastic you won't ever want to put them down. These 2 games are shorter, but only if you use the unlimited continues. The continue system is the only flaw in the game play, but I never use them so it doesn't affect me. The game is arcade style so its all about getting points, which means you'll be playing this over and over to improve your score. It also has scoreboards so you can post your top score on-line if you have Xbox Live.

Graphics: 9/10- Incredible! The graphics are very simple. You could sort of say that they look like the Wind Waker's graphics, but with way more explosions. They are extremely colorful and fit perfectly with the game. You wouldn't want it any other way. The only reason that I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because sometimes the screen will get blurry or the frame rate will drop, but this is rare and won't affect it too much.

Sound: 9/10- The music fits well with the game, and there really isn't much to complain about. Guns shooting and things exploding all sound very good. The only thing wrong is that the background music is kinda bad, but usually you won't even notice it when all this other stuff is going on around you.

Rent or Buy? This game can be short if you use continues so if your not into hard arcade style games the rent it for a week. If you love to play arcade games or you have already played a metal slug game(and loved it) then this is a definite buy.