Review by MrCribby

Reviewed: 09/20/05

The Good, The Bad, and The Undead!

The Good, The Bad, and The Undead

Review By: MrCribby

I have been reading up on the development for a few years when I first heard about Darkwatch coming to Xbox and PS2. I was so excited to hear about a game with cowboys and vampires. Now it’s here and it’s so good. Darkwatch stars Jericho Cross a gunslinger train robber out for cash. He robbed the wrong train one night though and unleashed Hell and all it’s minions. So now he’s a vampire and out for revenge on Lazarus the son of Satan. You have to make the right decisions for Jericho; you hold his future and his vampire powers. Can you conquer the West and save humanity?

Graphics- Darkwatch has the coolest Dark Western look I’ve seen in a FPS game. The environments are high in detail and creepy. There’s plenty of dead people hanging around too. The characters look fantastic and heroic. Enemies are very ugly of course, but in a good way. My favorite one has to be the Oozer it reminds me of this old bum lady that use to knock on my door every week and ask for money. Another nice feature is being able to dismember your enemy’s arms and body parts with your melee attack or your trusty guns. Weapons are some of the neatest looking I have seen in a game too. All of them have a unique look to them and are fun to use while taking down the demons of Hell. Did I mention very nice cut scenes too. You’ll see many of those and then there’s the small sex scene with Tala that you’ll never forget.

10/10

Game Play- Super Fast, Action Packed, Non-Stop killing. Need I say more?

10/10

Story- Darkwatch stars Jericho Cross a gunslinger train robber out for cash. He robbed the wrong train one night though and unleashed Hell and all it’s buddies. So now he’s a vampire and out for revenge on Lazarus the son of Satan, since he was the one that made him a vampire of course. You have to make the right decisions for Jericho; you hold his future and his vampire powers. You’ll face many vampires, screaming Banshees, fat throwing up Oozers. On yeah then there are the Huge bosses too. Cassidy a member of the Darkwatch will help guide you through this adventure, but it’s up to you to win. Can you conquer the West and save humanity? Or will you stay a vampire and be forever in the darkness with all the other creatures of the night?

9.6/10

Sound- This is where it gets a perfect score from me. The music in the game is top-notch. Just listen to the song playing on the menu, simply amazing! High Moon did a very good job on the sound. The guns, weapon sounds and the enemies all sound sweet too. The voice acting is also done very well. Tala (voiced by Rose McGowan) did a terrific job. She really brought the character Tala to life in the game. Cartwright who reminds me of Colonel Sanders (KFC guy) voiced by Michael Bell. He really had a lot of power in his voice. When you play one level you will really feel like Cartwright hates your guts. The other characters all sounds very good too. Jericho Cross doesn’t talk, but does he really need to? He’s too bad ass to say anything. So that’s ok by me.

10/10

Replay Value- Story mode can be beaten in 2 days or so. There is tons more to do though. You can unlock tons of artwork, video clips, and animation clips from Darkwatch by replaying chapters. Then there’s the huge online play for Xbox Live with tons of levels and modes to choose from. My only problem with the online play is, it’s hard to play the game and hold down the right d-pad to talk. Every time I try to talk I end up dieing. So it’s best to talk in the Menu before the game starts. For PS2 there’s Co-Op mode split screen and multiplayer! Plus you get an extra level! So there is still a lot of fun to have with Darkwatch after you have completed the game.

9.7/10

Buy Or Rent?- It really depends on your likes and dislikes. I enjoyed the game and bought it for both systems and have really enjoyed them. Some people might play it once and never try it again. If you’re a fan of FPS games and looking for a new kind. Try Darkwatch it’s fast, fun, and has some of the coolest enemies you’ll see in a game. How many Western games do you see with vampires anyway? I say it’s a must buy!

Overall Darkwatch is one of this year’s best FPS games out for Xbox and PS2 in my opinion. It looks good, sounds really cool and it’s got some fun game play!

Go on cowboy get our there and kill some vampires out in the Old West

9.8/10