Did they just shut down the Goldeneye 007 wii multiplayer server on 2/12/2020?

1. I have been playing online regularly for years. Two days ago I was not able to connect to the server through my wii (2/12/2020). Is this happening to other players and is a temporary outage, or is this a permanent shut down?

User Info: 1Alex1

1Alex1 - 1 month ago

1. It's a permanent server shutdown by Activision. However, we are working on creating our own server to continue playing online. This will take some time but we're hoping for the best.

User Info: ProudlyHated87

ProudlyHated87 - 1 month ago 7   0
  2. Thank you for your prompt and hopeful response. I think i can speak for fans of the game that we wish you luck and hope to be up and playing on a new server soon. Please keep us posted.

User Info: 1Alex1

1Alex1 - 4 weeks ago

1. If anyone else is interested in supporting creating a custom server for goldeneye, please contact me here. I have been working on this in my spare time, but the effort requires more effort than I can do alone.

Using altwifi, I can get past the authorization process. The next step is the demonware authorization. Someone already figured this out for COD, and a stand-alone server exists. COD uses the same / very similar server code (demonware API). It will give several clues about how to get this functional for the Wii. There is a lot to be done, but I have a good start. A small team should be able to get this functional again.

User Info: beavis007

beavis007 - 3 weeks ago 3   0

1. Yes, please keep us posted. I tried logging on tonight and got this error "Connection error. You have disconnected from Nintendo wifi connecting." I just played about 5 weeks ago.

User Info: Avs_Fan_In_STL

Avs_Fan_In_STL - 3 weeks ago 1   0