How do I beat Ixthid?

1. My skills are: armor 5/5, recovery 4/4, generation 4/4, m.swings 1/5, sheild 1/1, block 3/3, block mastry 2/4, and last stand 1/5.

User Info: tameshadow

tameshadow - 9 years ago
  2. Tagon challenge mode, plz help! Same as before but, upgraded last stand, 5/5 now, got crys prison, lightning, and 45% starting energy

User Info: tameshadow

tameshadow - 9 years ago
  3. Korlan challenge help! Got tornado, healing combo, and a magic skill

User Info: tameshadow

tameshadow - 9 years ago

Answers

1. This boss is indeed a royal pain on Challenge mode. You don't specify which part(s) of the fight are giving you a problem, though, so all I can do is offer the first five tips that come to mind:

1.When he pulls back to bite you, DODGE IMMEDIATELY. If you wait for the voice clip which indicates whether he's going to do the slow bite or the quick bite, it will be too late to avoid the quick bite. Yep, the programmers really screwed up there. If he does the slow bite, dodge again immediately after the first dodge (sort of like double-clicking), and it should miss.
    2.If you're like me, the biggest problem is his "Dance, human" move. He simply moves too quickly during this move. What helped me, though, is keeping my eyes focused near the top of the screen, since the two lasers are the only cues for where you need to dodge, and it's too easy to make the mistake of looking to the tentacles for what to do. Take it calm, get into a rhythm, and watch for patterns: very often he'll do L, L, L, L, R, R, R or even L, R, R, R, R, R, R.
    3.After he recovers the second time, immediately swing at him to perform a counter. Otherwise he'll hit you with his instant death move.
    4.When he spins around with the two laser beams, stand idle until you are more than halfway to the next beam. This way he can't fake you out, since he only reverses direction when you're exactly halfway between the two beams. Jump over the low beam, and block the high beam. Jump early, since the beams move faster than it seems.
    5.When he shoots vertical beams at you, dodge precisely when you hear the laser sound.

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa - 7 years ago 0   0
  2. Just keep at it learn their moves and how to evade them, and counter respectivily

User Info: 12345678me8

12345678me8 - 9 years ago 0   2