Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

Reviewed: 11/23/11

Nintendo makes "doing the impossible" look so easy.

"Will it take the thrown for best Zelda game ever?"

This is a typical question that was asked (and still is asked to this day) frequently among this board since Zelda fans all over the world found out about Skyward Sword. That phrase boggled our minds for a year (perhaps longer). Now that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is here, all our questions (and inquiries) have been answered. Your truly looking at the Zelda title that has given Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time it's match for the thrown of "Best Zelda game ever made."

Presentation: The story to this game is unmatched. It takes place before the events of Ocarina of Time. Fans of the series will go crazy. The characters (both old and new) are excellent, Despite the lack of voice work, they are very much memorable. A very welcomed asset to such a great title. 10/10

Graphics: This game borrows it's art style from the best of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker along with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. When you mix beautiful coloring with realistic, detailed looking graphics, you get Skyward Sword graphics. They are beautiful, and awe inspiring. 10/10

Sound: The soundtrack is nothing short of great. While I still prefer Ocarina of Time's soundtrack to be the best, this game's is no slouch. Not quite as memorable, but still great. 9.5/10

Gameplay: Smooth. Fluid. Precise. This is the game that you and I have been craving. Time to dust off those Wii Motion Plus', and see how they were meant to be used in the best way possible. It's quite a shame though, really. It took until nearly the end of the Wii's life span to create a game that truly implements Wii Motion Plus to the best of it's ability (with the exception of Tiger Woods). Here is to the new and improved Zelda controls. Hope to see more of this in the future. On a final note for the controls, don't expect to go waving the Wii remote around thinking you're going to breeze through some of the enemies and challenges in this game like you could in Twilight Princess. If you do, the enemies will easily cut you down. I am very happy to say that this game is rather challenging at times. When you get used to it's play style, it will eventually become second nature, but difficult to master. 10/10

Replay value: The main quest should take you about 40 hours (if you don't plan on doing everything), if not longer. With that being said, there are a lot of sidequests, tons of items to collect, lots of good weapons to upgrade, etc. You will be playing this game again, and again. Without spoiling anything for you, just know that there is reason to play through the entire story mode again. 10/10

Conclusion: So, the question still stands. Is this game better then Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? The answer, yes. Ocarina of Time may have the music, and for it's time set the standard of beautiful graphics, but Skyward Sword has the characters, the origins story, and the gameplay. Is it the best Zelda game ever made? Yes. Is it my new favorite game of all time? You better believe it. The impossible has been done. Scary to think it could happen, but it did. I am once again amazed with Nintendo just as I was equally amazed that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was victorious over the original Super Mario Galaxy. If you're a hardcore Zelda fan like myself, you'll be right at home with this game. You'll find it completely phenomenal. It'll make an excellent Christmas gift this year, and a valuable asset to your Wii collection. Take your time with this game, it's the best game to be released this year, and perhaps for years to come.

Product Release: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (US, 11/20/11)