How do I equip my shield?

1. I followed the advice that was given on here by the previous poster's answerer, but even with that advice, my stupid shield remains unequipped as it just takes me back to the menu. What the hell am I doing wrong!?

User Info: breakman912

breakman912 - 8 years ago
  2. Um yeah, I hit 1 to access the menu, I hit - and it doesn't equip my shield like you say it should. Is there something going on with my game that could be causing this mishap, or is it just human error(i.e. me)?

User Info: breakman912

breakman912 - 8 years ago

1. If you have a Shield or bought one from the Bazaar, follow these steps to equip it:

While Link is walking/running around and the Item Menu is CLOSED, hold the "-" button, you'll see the Adventure Pouch with the Shield, point to it with the Wiimote to select it, release the "-", and it gets equipped or unequipped. If it's equipped, you'll see it on Link's back.

In short, to equip the shield hold - button, point to shield, release - button, that's it. No pressing 1 at any time.

The "1" button that opens up the Item Menu in this game is only for looking at what items you have acquired and to read their descriptions. That's it. You don't actually get to use anything when you open up this Menu.

The "1" button will also let you change the HUD Interface (whether you want the Wiimote/Nunchuk to show up on the screen while playing) by letting you choose Standard/Light/Pro.

Lastly, the "1" button has the in-game Calibration/Centering button, next to the Standart/Light/Pro HUD select.

User Info: simpoldood

simpoldood (Expert) - 8 years ago 4   0

Answers

1. No no no. It is not the 1 button you are supposed to push it is the minus button. Push and hold the minus button. Then move the Wii remote to the shield and you can get your shield out. (Note: after the shield is taken out you can quickly tap the minus button to put it up. Do the same thing to get it out again.) Also do the same thing for any shield, bottle, medal, etc. For weapons push the B button. I hope this helps.

User Info: multieman101

multieman101 - 8 years ago 0   0
  2. If the aimer is not moving properly, then go to your 1(gear menu) and press the Down Dpad to center it.
    This could stop you from equipping a shield.
    Anyways just hold the - button and move your cursor towards the shield.

User Info: GUKingOfHeart

GUKingOfHeart - 8 years ago 0   0
  3. Most of you there is 2 ways to equip it ! just hold down the - button on the wii remote and point at the shield and ding it equips but make sure its in your pouch then it will be equipped but if you press minus again it unequips dude its not that hard.

User Info: Threebdog

Threebdog - 8 years ago 0   0
  4. First, you must have a Shield. You can buy one in the Bazaar or pick up a stocked one, when applicable, from the Item Check.

Next, hold the - button on the Wii Remote. Move the pointer on-screen to hover over the desired shield. Once it is there, release the - button and it should be equipped.

To utilize it, withdraw your sword and shake the Nunchuk.

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999 - 8 years ago 0   1