Is it necessary to play the first game to enjoy this one?

1. I did not play NMH1, but Im interested in getting this one. Will I be able to enjoy the game despite this?

User Info: Link_Master_91

Link_Master_91 - 8 years ago

Answers

1. Yes, they may have refrences from the first, but think of this game like a new game instead of a sequal

User Info: dawnset

dawnset - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. You do not have to play it, but i recommend it, because its a one of a kind game!

User Info: loganan64

loganan64 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. It's funny really. In NMH2, once Travis sees Sylvia in the beginning and asks her to do a recap of the last game, she says there's newcomers to the series who don't care about continuity. If your one of those people, then go ahead and jump to no. 2.

User Info: Wii_Play_4_Fun

Wii_Play_4_Fun - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. It's funny really. In NMH2, once Travis sees Sylvia in the beginning and asks her to do a recap of the last game, she says there's newcomers to the series who don't care about continuity. If your one of those people, then go ahead and jump to no. 2.

User Info: Wii_Play_4_Fun

Wii_Play_4_Fun - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. With out the knowledge of the first game you won't know these things:
    1. the connection of Rank 50, rank 10 and rank 8 to the first game.
    2. the connection of Syliva, Shinobu and Henry with Travis.
    3. A couple of the storylines where they say "Travis the Great" won't make sense.
    If you don't care about storyline then you will enjoy the game but if you like the story get the NMH1 one first so you can get the connections.

User Info: S0nicLightning

S0nicLightning - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. For story, yes, play the first one. For gameplay: play the first one as well because I thought it was better. They seem to have TRIED to make the plot more shallow in this one and the bosses aren't what they were in the first one. and to the above, They won't understand destroyman, either.

User Info: rpgmaster07

rpgmaster07 - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. well, you realy don't because I have NMH2 but I don't have NMH1 and I had no trouble understanding the storyline.

User Info: killcode57

killcode57 - 7 years ago 0 0