How get higher level equipment?

1. Hi,

I'm still playing normal.
    With the seia gem I can get equipment to lvl up to level 5, but not higher.

I was just wondering if I should just put more seia gems in the slots or if other gems are needed to boost the level of the equipment.

Also, I have some accessories like the fire badge and some crescents... They don't seem to get higher than level1 even with a seia gem in it.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

User Info: opwvan

opwvan - 11 years ago
  2. Thanks for the reply.
    Now I know what to do :)

User Info: opwvan

opwvan - 11 years ago

1. If they haven't leveled up at all from level 1 that ultimately means you need to move on in the game and visit tougher areas. The monsters at the ruins are really not that strong on normal mode and obviously don't give enough exp to give your item any. This game goes by a percentage of exp not an amount. If a monster is too weak for you or your item it will get 0% experience because you're much higher than the monster. Now if you fight some of the last enemies in the game you'll get a high percentage of exp for almost any item(that you can get in normal anyway). You'll notice a difference when you get to the last few areas of the game.

User Info: dourid

dourid - 11 years ago 1   0

1. Depending on what monsters you're killing to level up your equipment the rate changes quickly on tougher monsters or doesn't level up at all on weak ones. As for the gems you only need one of them in the items slot, adding more of the same one would be pointless. The only way to make it a higher level is to find the gems with a higher overboost number. Sei is the most common with only 1. You can find a lot of different gems from various bosses, hard to reach treasure chests, or quests. And you can in fact remove the sei gem and any other gem once the item has reached its maximum level from that gem or if you just want it taken off in the middle of leveling it.(If you're wondering you remove it by selecting the piece of equipment from the customize option and select the overboost ability) And the piece of equipment will keep its new level even with the gem taken off meaning you can keep the item at that level and replace the gem with another ability or another overboost gem.

User Info: dourid

dourid - 11 years ago 1   0

1. Thank you for your reply to my question.

I now understand that the items will eventually level up.
    However, the items like the azure crest, flame badge, frost badge I have had equipped for so long... All other items keep leveling up, but after 20 runthroughs through the ruins, not once has the flame badge or azure crest leveled up...
    Do they take that much experience? I have had them before other I got other items that have maxed out already...

Now I'm just wondering.. is it so that the flame badge can only level up at fire mountain maybe?

Cheers

User Info: opwvan

opwvan - 11 years ago 0   0