How do I beat the Time Reaper?

1. I'm having WAY too much trouble with him, even with cheap characters like Dracula and Shanoa. Can anyone give me some useful advice?

User Info: mikustehficus

mikustehficus - 10 years ago

1. The thing is with the time reaper is most of his attacks can be blocked. The ones that can't be blocked you can easily dodge. The small explosion just stay at the edge of the arena. The big explosion can be jumped over. The laser can be avoided by either jumping over when your far away or when up close dodge to the left as it goes over.

User Info: AkatsukiMinion

AkatsukiMinion - 10 years ago 1   0

1. Well I did it with Carmilla, but anyone with a long ranged attack should have an easy time of it. All I did was stay at the very back of the stage where his slashing attack and big bang attack can't hit you. I just ran to dodge the flying skulls and explosions, and I rolled under his giant energy beams. When he wasn't attacking I just spammed her long range attack until he died.

User Info: Sylfeinray

Sylfeinray - 10 years ago 2   0

1. Dracula was a tough character to use. With Dracula I used his Demonic Cleaning right up against him for my damage. He can block the skulls, the big slash move and the pillars. He can even block the orbs. For his energy beams you need to go all the way to the back of the stage away from him and then float over it, while floating you can use his fire pillars to damage him from back there. I also used his dodging for movement so that helps.

User Info: firecrush6

firecrush6 - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. You can use Shanoa for a pretty easy win. Use her dominus move which is charge then attack. It shoots up and hits him and you can stay in the back corner. When he attacks, no matter what it is, use guard. When the laser comes, rush up to him and do a dodge towards the laser so you slip around and end up in the corner where he starts his laser, he should be done by the time he doubles up his attacks.

User Info: anbu_neji

anbu_neji - 10 years ago 1   0
  3. Another method is to use Grant. His technique is one of the more trickier ones to pull off though. Start off by waiting for Time Reaper to use his scythe, then run up and hit him a few times, using evade to get back to the edge before his next attack. At this point your Hyper bar should be two thirds to three quarters full, avoid or block the skulls, same for the pillars, every other attack in this phase you can avoid by going to the back of the area (by the camera). Once your Hyper bar is full, hold A to charge and wait for his explosion attack, once it's done, use forward and B while still holding a to burn your whole hyper bar with his dagger toss attack (great use of the Hyper bar since you cannot use Hyper Finishers on Time Reaper). Rinse and repeat till the next phase (first bar is gone).

He'll increase the number of skulls and laser pillars from three to five each, so keep moving or blocking. The other change to this is his large laser attack, which you can double jump over and wail on him a bit to build your hyper gauge. Same strategies from above work for the rest of his attacks and the same timing is used to trigger his dagger toss (Tilt control stick + A charge + B) I managed to beat him with a perfect using this strategy

Note: All button combos on here are for the GCN control scheme

User Info: Samuel_Aran

Samuel_Aran - 10 years ago 1   0
  4. Oh, today I had to beat him with Aeon, before I figured him out enough to be able to do the laser, so I used melee attacks. I just ran up to him after he used his skulls attack to do a few hits and then retreat to the edge of the field again. Once you dodge past his laser (The single one anyways), you can just wail on one side of him. When your sword is the correct color you can also do a lot of damage with jumping and using whatever color it has itself set to at the time, but that one's Aeon specific and doesn't hold true for just anyone. I still dodge the lasers by running towards them and then dodging through them when very close.

User Info: Sylfeinray

Sylfeinray - 10 years ago 1   0