Could I transfer my Wii Shop account to new Wii?

1. I have a question for anyone that can give me an answer. I am planning to give my current Wii to a friend for his b-day. I'm also planning to re-format the Wii. If I do, would I be able to transfer my Wii Shop account to a new Wii if I decide to purchase another one? If so, then could I re-download my VC/WiiWare games that I've purchased on the account? Thanks! ricky_lo87 - 13 years ago - report

1. The only way that I am aware that you can have your account transfered is if your Wii breaks and you send it to Nintendo and they do it for you other than that I am 99% sure it cannot be done I'm sorry Soggy13 - 13 years ago - report 2   0

Answers

1. DRM ties your Wiiware games to the unit to prevent piracy. You may be able to call Nintendo to reset the DRM to the new system ID, but you need the new one for that to work. They usually don't do this, but Nintendo customer service is okay. Worth a shot.

Putting your games on an SD card and trying them on your new Wii will NOT WORK. They will only work on the unit you bought them on.
    vtwesley - 12 years ago - report 1   0
  2. Copy everything to an SD Card, and plug it into your new Wii. kgal7787 - 12 years ago - report 1   3
  3. Copy your stuff to an sd card and put it in your new wii maximo9280 - 12 years ago - report 0   4