How do I beat mogenar on Bryyo?

1. I can only beat the first part but Im stuck when he starts charging. any help will be good.

User Info: possesedmario

possesedmario - 11 years ago
  2. Just dropping this here since I just beat Mogenar on MP trilogy for the first time. Took me maybe about two dozen attempts, even after watching Youtube videos to see how it's done. I'm in my early 40s, so I'm not as sharp as I once was, and I'm using the standard Wii remote, rather than any smaller versions, and while I don't have small hands, I find it difficult to hit the + and - buttons to get to visor/hyper modes.

However, after beating Mogenar, I believe it's not so much the speed of beating him as is the _rhythm_ of beating him, so I didn't have to worry too much about not being able to slip into Hypermode "as-fast-as-possible". Like a lot of classic console bosses, once you observe the behaviors of an attack, you should immediately identify it and switch your behavior to defend or counter. For example, once you pelt one of the 3 orbs to make him flinch, you know that this is your cue to switch to hypermode.

Also, something people haven't mentioned that may or may not already be obvious, when this green gassy motion rotates around in front of Mogenar, this is the orbs switching locations. You can more easily guess which orb to continue attacking once you notice this pattern.

What tripped me up the most about this boss is that I wasn't using Hypermode as liberally as I should have been. Like many others who have posted here, Hypermode is really your friend. And once you learn to manage it, Mogenar is actually pretty easy. The things to rememeber with Hypermode are #1 DO NOT let the bar hit full when red, and #2 Do not expend it all the way to zero if you can help it. The emergency beeping sound is actually a good thing, because that means AutoVent will kick in, saving you an energy tank while preventing you from exploding.

But, if you DO run out of energy for hypermode, there is a way to get more via pickups, but I'm not sure what produces those pickups. Just know it's possible to keep fighting and getting replenished for more hypermode attacks.

Seriously, I was about ready to give up, and say I'm simply just not going to complete the trilogy, especially since carpal tunnel kicks in a lot more easily for me in my older years. But I didn't give up. I just got pissed to the point of wanting to beat it. Do whatever you need to do to push you to finish it. I know the game is way over a decade old already, but I still think the MP trilogy is some of the best gaming experiences anybody can have.

User Info: aer0ace

aer0ace - 1 year ago

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "first part" and "starts charging," so instead of assuming, I'm just going to give you a strategy for the entire fight.

Your object in the first phase of the fight is the spheres within those sockets on his body (three on the front, one on the back). Focus on one sphere at a time. When the socket is open, fire upon it like crazy, and it will glow. You'll know when you destroyed it when Mogenar recoils and the socket begins glowing with a bright white light. Sometimes he'll close the sockets and switch the orbs around to empty spots you created, so try to make sure you keep track of the one you're shooting at, if possible. The part you need to watch out for is when he extends his arms and uses the magic blue hands to reach for more spheres. DESTROY THESE SPHERES before the hands reach him again, otherwise he'll restore all the spheres that you destroyed. The fight is already long enough as it is, don't let him prolong it.

The second phase of the fight comes after all four spheres have been destroyed. You need to enter Hypermode and blast one of his open sockets. Focus on one socket at a time. When you've hit a socket with enough Phazon, it'll explode, and Mogenar will roll at you. Side dodge away from him, switch to Morph Ball mode, and drop some three bombs at his feet to wipe out the phazon crystals. You gotta be quick to get out of Morph Ball to dodge that shockwave of his, however. Once Mogenar is upright again, start targeting another socket in Hypermode. Destroy all 4 sockets and Mogenar will be defeated. If you ever need health in either phase of the fight, let him to launch his hands at you, and destroy them to get health.

The fight is long and fairly difficult, so try not to lose your cool. If you can't seem to beat him for a while, take a break.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 11 years ago 0   1