Is gamestop the same as EB games?

1. Just wondering, because people said that gamestop gave them a copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
    early, so if gamestop is the same as EB then im gonna go get myself a copy.
    tvbifreak - 12 years ago - report
  2. ...What does this have to do with this game again? TMOG - 12 years ago - report

1. Gamestop bought out EB Games and Electronics Boutique (as well as Babbage's and a few others) a couple years ago. In the US, most of EB Games and EB's have been phased out and replaced with Gamestop. decolley25 - 12 years ago - report 6   0

Answers

1. Yes, EB Games and GameStop are owned by the same company; GameStop seems to have received copies of the game, even though their website says the game will not release until the the 26th. I'm friends with the manager at my local store, and he said that they were not marked with a street date when he received them. I also had my copy pre-ordered, and received my notification call the night before it arrived in the store, so... I don't know. They got it earlier than everyone else, but why is anyone's guess. moonfighter2185 - 12 years ago - report 2   0
  2. EB games is the canadian gamestop but yeah they're the same SoloWingFury - 12 years ago - report 1   0