Why does my game (sometimes) freeze on the loading screen?

1. I have had Splatoon since Friday morning. most of the time everything is fine. the first day I played online for about 3 hours. then i turned my game off,about 2 hours later i tried dojo mode for the first time with a friend. the game froze on the loading screen. the tiny paint splash on the bottom of the screen was frozen. i had to unplug my wii u. loaded everything up again,same thing happened. unplugged wii u. went back in chose a different course on dojo everything was fine. my friend didnt like the dojo mode so said lets take turns playing online. went to online mode and game froze again on the load screen same as before with the tiny paint splash frozen.couldnt do anything had to unplug wii u. went back on and went into online mode and played for hours no problems. saturday , i played online mode nearly all day. 3 times i had the same thing happen at the load screen. the rest of the time everything is fine. yesterday i had it happen again 3 times, played on and off all day. nothing else seems to be amiss but i hate having to unplug my entire wii u worried it will damage my system. why is this happening i havent had this happen with any other game except last week my mario kart 8 froze once when waiting to go on big blue online. other than that i had played mario kart8 and wii sports club bowling online with no problems.also played donkey kong tropical freeze no problems. i think this is only happening with splatoon but i have not played anything else on my wii u since i got splatoon. and it never freezes during game play. only on the loading screen. if anyone can help me please. thanks.

User Info: Krista80s

Krista80s - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Is your Splatoon game physical copy? What about Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze?

User Info: SuperGravyMan

SuperGravyMan - 5 years ago 1   0
  2. Yes all 3 are on disc.

User Info: Krista80s

Krista80s - 5 years ago 1   0
  3. My wii sports club is allso on disc and no problems there either and i bowl online alot

User Info: Krista80s

Krista80s - 5 years ago 1   0
  4. Might be possible that your Splatoon copy is defect. Do you have friends that willing let you borrow their Splatoon copy?

User Info: SuperGravyMan

SuperGravyMan - 5 years ago 1   0
  5. Might be because it's used. Or damaged. I would try to fix it, clean it or try again.

User Info: GoldenOre

GoldenOre - 4 years ago 1   0
  6. Check the disc for damage or grime. Scratches are nigh impossible to fix, but the disc can be cleaned. I wouldn't recommend just any cloth though, since the material only seems to smudge for some reason.

User Info: Beat_Admiral

Beat_Admiral (Expert) - 4 years ago 1   0