Is Mario Kart 8 a cheat because of the items?

1. Ok, so I believe Mario Kart 8 is programmed to be a cheat, because the AI in single player spams blue and red shells constantly when I am in first. I go over to online play and the game seems to be programmed to only give items to knock out first place, so is the game itself a cheat? Imnottellingu - 6 months ago - report

Answers

1. Mario Kart 8 has an Item system where the Items given are dependent on the actual physical distance in the race compared to the other characters, rather than being just ranking-based like in (most if not all) previous entries; so, in your case, you're simply much further ahead than the CPU, which therefore gets stronger Items to take you down, compared to people online, which seemingly manage to pull off closer games, or the person in first place is so far ahead than everyone else that, just like it happens for you offline, people get lots of Items to target him/her. Andrex_93 (Expert) - 6 months ago - report 0   0