Is there a permanent solution to this blinking red light issue?

1. Lately, every 3-5 times I go to turn the system on, the power light on the Wii U console starts blinking red, and it won't turn on. Whenever this happens, I unplug the AC adapter on both ends, wait for a couple of minutes, and plug it in again, and the system works just fine. I don't think it's a heating issue, because the console never feels hot and it doesn't shut off on its own. Also, I don't think it's a motherboard issue, because the system still works and nothing happens to my save data.

I have been having this problem since the first few months of 2014, though it never happened at all between the system update in June and the most recent system update. Also, I don't know if this is related, but after the recent update, when I turn the system on, the disc drive makes a small shifting noise before it actually starts spinning.

Having to reset the AC adapter all the time is getting tedious, so any help would be appreciated.

User Info: Midcore

Midcore - 6 years ago
  2. I haven't tried contacting Nintendo yet. I'm not certain that I'll retain my save data and downloads if I send them the system for repairs. Also, I bought the Wii U back in 2012, so the warranty would have expired by now.

User Info: Midcore

Midcore - 6 years ago
  3. Update: This problem only seems to occur if the console has been off for 24 hours or more before trying to turn it on again.

When I bought the console back in 2012, I discovered a few days later that the sensor bar that came with it was defective, so I called Nintendo about it and they sent me a working sensor bar for free. Because of this, it's possible that there may have been other problems that I didn't notice at the time. I think the problem might be one of the cables or adapters. I should add that I have my Wii U's resolution set to 720p, because the TV screen would randomly turn black for a few seconds when it's set to 1080p. Also, I don't have any external storage devices attached to it.

User Info: Midcore

Midcore - 6 years ago

1. Never mind, I just solved the problem. Apparently, all this time, this was being caused by leaving the AC adapter upside-down. I guess my AC adapter is just really sensitive or something. If I ever encounter the problem again, I'll just order a new AC adapter from Nintendo.

User Info: Midcore

Midcore - 5 years ago 3   0

1. Have you contacted Nintendo and asked about this issue?

User Info: balalalalalala

balalalalalala - 6 years ago 1   0