Have I underleveled?

1. I heard that it is very hard to underlevel in this game, but when I google the recommended level for Chapter 5, I see people saying that they are level 40 or 50, and I'm level 20. Am I underleveling? I've done a decent bit of side quests.

User Info: nd887

nd887 - 1 month ago

1. Level 20 is good. The chapter boss is level 25.

What you saw must have been confusion with the chapters. You should be level 20 in the Ether Mines/Colony 6.

A good way to know if you are at the right level is just by comparing yourself to the enemies in the area. If you see normal enemies with mostly yellow, or even red name tags, the you are underlevelled and it will be very challenging. Level different has a huge impact on your stats once you fight against yellow and red tag monsters.

And yes, it is hard to become underlevelled, since you get exp from exploring/discovering landmarks. As long as you fight enemies along the way in the main story, and do a bit of extra questing, then you will be at a good level.

User Info: Mikk

Mikk (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0

1. On average, you want to be no more than 3 levels below the random enemies you see. Bosses are usually two levels higher than random encounters (so if the enemies you run into are level 30, the boss will probably be 32) so as long as you're not more than 5 levels below, you can fight. However, if you're more than 5 levels below, you receive a massive accuracy penalty that can make battles quite hard.

Just make sure you stay within a few levels of the enemies you're running into and you should be fine. Level 20 should be plenty for the chapter you're in.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. I'm assuming those level 50 monsters are an exception

User Info: nd887

nd887 - 1 month ago
  3. If you see high-level monsters in an area near low-level monsters, it usually means A) that's a section you'll probably want/need to come back for later in the game, or B) that's a Unique Monster that you have no business even thinking about taking on just yet.

User Info: DarthLocutus

DarthLocutus - 1 month ago