Why can't I raise area affinity?

1. I've talked to a ton of named NPC's, done quests, and I've seen a star pop up on the side on my screen after getting a new NPC, but my area affinity is still 1 star in Colony 9. Is this a bug?

User Info: nd887

nd887 - 1 month ago

1. That star is just a point of affinity, or the forging of a new NPC affinity link, not the actual area affinity rising.

Depending on where you are in the story, you probably haven't gotten nearly far enough to actually do enough stuff to raise things.

User Info: DarthLocutus

DarthLocutus (Expert) - 1 month ago 4   0
  2. I'm at Chapter 5, at level 15 with Casual Mode. I haven't played for too long, so that is likely it. Thanks!

User Info: nd887

nd887 - 1 month ago
  3. Never mind, I got it right after playing again

User Info: nd887

nd887 - 1 month ago

1. You need to do a ton of Quests and Affinity Chart building to raise an area's Affinity. Unlike in Xenoblade 2, you can't just buy and sell a ton of stuff (e.g. expensive Cylinders) to raise Affinity here, which...is annoying, honestly.

User Info: Akira_Kurusu22

Akira_Kurusu22 - 1 month ago 0   1