Do I need to keep spending in-game money once I buy Pokémon sword?

1. Just wondering how much (if any) I will need to spend If I buy Pokémon sword?

User Info: WaterDietician9

WaterDietician9 - 2 weeks ago

1. No but the dlc is good if you enjoyed the base

User Info: Buddyblade

Buddyblade - 2 weeks ago 7   2

1. There's no Microtransactions in Pokemon Sword or Shield. The only additional IRL money you can spend is to buy the DLC (there are no Microtransactions in the DLC as well).

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 15   0
  2. This. The only money you will need to spend is whatever currency was programmed into the game which is only obtainable through in game methods (such as Pokedollars, Armorite, Watts, etc.). You do not need to spend money on this game aside from the initial price of the game and potentially the DLC pack for this game.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 2 weeks ago

1. You're going to need to get Watts for some things, but those aren't anything you can buy with IRL money. You can get them by doing raids. The DLC offers a way to get way more Watts, and also a way to spend way more watts for cheaper EV boost items, but with that many watts you can also just go to the digging duo and absentmindedly mash A and make a ton of in game money to buy the EV boost items, or get them for cheap for BP at the battle tower.

The real boon for the DLC is the additional quests and access to more Pokemon.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1 - 1 week ago 2   1