Is Knock Off available in Sword & Shield?

1. So I tried to give Knock Off to my Incineroar on Pokémon Showdown in the Gen 8 VGC 2020 format but it said the move was illegal. When I tried to enter a match it said the move Knock Off is not available in Pokémon Sword & Shield.

I don't think this really in the case and that there's something else going on.

Could anyone tell me what's the problem here? Thanks in advance.

User Info: Thamos

Thamos - 3 weeks ago

1. Knock Off is removed from a lot of Pokemon, including Incineroar

User Info: Pkmas1702

Pkmas1702 (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 0   0

1. VGC20 only has Pokémon caught or bred in Sword and Shield among its legality pool + the Swords of Justice, the Alolan Starters and Regional Variants of species present in the game; in addition any of the aforementioned specie can be transferred and rendered legal via the NPC in the Battle Tower that adds the "Galar Symbol" to a Pokémon.

However, since the transferred mon has to have the same tools as one of the same specie that would be obtained in-game, this means that any Moves exclusive to past Generations, like Knock Off on Incineroar, aren't legal. This is because Knock Off was a Tutor Move, for it, and even now it doesn't learn through Level Up, Egg Move or other.

It's the same reason a lot of Pokémon lost Toxic, as there's no TM or TR for it and is therefore not legal in the current competitive scene.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 0   0
  2. Idk what it's called, but there's a new move that does it. Ghost type move

User Info: darkdeity9

darkdeity9 - 3 weeks ago 0   5
  3. Poltergeist? the new 110BP physical Ghost move

It only works if the opponent has a held item, and we all know every pokemon in the meta has a held-item, even if it's consumable like Focus Sash or Weakness Policy

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163 - 3 weeks ago