Can I split the expansion pass?

1. Hi all,

I'm sharing a console with a friend. Do we both need to buy the expansion pass or can one person buy it and share it with other users on the console?

Following that, I bought the game under my nintendo account. If my friends buys the expansion pass under their nintendo account, will that expansion pass apply to the game even though it was bought under a different account from the original game?

Thanks in advance!

User Info: xmanmartin

xmanmartin - 1 week ago

1. As long as the console that purchased the DLC has their account set as the "Primary Console" you should be able to share between accounts on the same console.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 week ago 2   0
  2. Okay, great thank you! Is my assumption on the answer below correct as well?

User Info: xmanmartin

xmanmartin - 1 week ago

1. If the switch is registered as the primary console for the person who owns the dlc, every single person who plays on that same console has also has access to the dlc.

User Info: Slonk

Slonk (Expert) - 1 week ago 2   0
  2. Okay cool. To confirm, the dlc and the game can be purchased by different accounts and be played together, as long as primary console is set for the dlc.
    Thanks!

User Info: xmanmartin

xmanmartin - 1 week ago